Configure app settings, privacy preferences, and experimental features in Studio.
Click into the Preferences tab in the app's sidebar to configure the following settings.
- Timezone – The timezone used to display timestamps throughout the app.
- Message rate (Hz) – The message pipeline's framerate. Lowering the framerate will reduce CPU usage and redraw frequency for panels like Raw Messages and Data Source Info. Studio will continue to render at the usual 60fps for a smooth playback experience.
- ROS_HOSTNAME – The declared network address referenced by Studio when initializing a native ROS 1 connection.
Decide whether you want to send anonymized usage data or crash reports to the Studio team – all data will be used to improve the app. These preference changes require an app relaunch to take effect.
These features are often being actively developed, tested, or deprecated – they are not recommended for regular use.
The only exceptions are as follows:
- Unlimited in-memory cache - Fully buffer a loaded bag file into memory for improved playback performance
- Studio debug panels - Show internal debugging tools (i.e. the Studio – Internals, Studio – Logs, and Studio – Playback Performance panels)
Feel free to reach out in the Slack channel, if you think you may be interested in using any of these features.